Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Memories

In the days before school starts, dreams of--whaddya know--SCHOOL haunt me.
So let's forget about THAT THING and remember THIS THING.
 Ah, the beautiful mountains. Pine trees, open blue skies, huge clouds, pleasant breezes, cool rains...
 And cows. Don't forget them. They loved plodding through our camp--day or night.
 Aaaaand this guy. He wanted to get in our garbage. Maybe I shouldn't have led him on with that piece of pancake...aw well. He was cute.
 I miss these beauties--tiny, but bright and happy all the same.
 I don't miss these fingernails. But hey, it's all part of the camping spirit, isn't it? (As is Pokemon Yahtzee)
 White. Perfect.
 I miss little things like this, too, laying all around camp. Cute. I also miss the little guys who sat in them. Not to say that those little guys won't be at my grandma's house next Sunday. They live close by. Nevertheless, something about toddlers in the mountains...*sniff* It just gets me.
 And these dudes, bien sur. Love 'em love 'em love 'em.
 Ah.
 Nothing like Rook in the mountains!
 I LOVE TREES SO MUCH REAL ONES TALL ONES GREEN ONES THAT HAVE PRETTY GRAY SKIES IN THE BACKGROUND I LLLLOVE THEM!
 I'm gonna miss wearing these pants. You can't really see them, but...they are soo comfortable. Fuzzies, see? Comfortable.
 The scriptures are always nearby so I won't miss them. But scriptures are infinitely enhanced in the clear mountain air, where there's nothing to distract you but the brisk breeze that seems to bring the very Spirit with it as it wooshes through camp...
 I guess I won't miss these guys that much. But he is cool looking, non?
 I will most definitely miss this stuff. IT'S RAIN, if you can't tell. Loverly loverly rain.
Rain that simply sparkles on the tips of pine needles...Loverly.
 Oh, and this too...Just loverly...

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It was Landon and Bryson! I know those people!! haha, looks like you had more than fun! I am going to miss doing stuff like that this summer not having a care in the world. sigh. :( Oh well, we'll just have to make the best of school :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, summer is VUNDERFUL. I can't believe how fast school came. Weird.

    ReplyDelete