Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Eighth of Several: A Birthday Poem

To make sure thigs don't go amiss
And all my promises are kept
I logged on to Blogger
To post just this:

It was my birthday today--
I'm fifteen, it's true
And it's about time
That I caught up to all you.

It's been much too long
That I've been fourteen
But so many things occurred--
I'm wiser, more keen.

I never thought in my life
That so many things could happen
Within a single year.
To me, it felt more like ten.

This poem isn't great
Not a masterpiece at all
But it's just to let you know
That I'm grateful...fall.....

For birthdays.
And friends.
And family.

And now that I'm fifteen, I guess I don't really mind anymore. I don't mind that I was fourteen for so long. Fourteen was a good year, and I am grateful that I have a chance to be fifteen.

Here's hoping for another good year.

4 comments:

  1. "That I'm grateful...fall..."

    I literally laughed out loud for like two minutes straight then read that line to my dad. He didn't really respond, so it may have been funnier when you only got four hours of sleep, but I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking you could have made a whole new word- gratefall. Also, I think that you will appreciate this picture- http://ruthschultz.blogspot.com/2010/10/two-days-of-taping-left.html

    She had surgery like a week ago, and got her stitches out, hence tape in the first place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I was REALLY tired...the rhyming words weren't in the right place in the first stanza. Plus, I couldn't even finish it out, so...haha. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS, that picture is the best thing ever! AH!

    ReplyDelete