I have a passionate love for the internet radio station called Pandora.
If you look to your right, you'll see that in the "C'est Moi" section of my blog, I said that my favorite songs were pretty much all of the ones on the Ingrid Michaelson station on Pandora. If you have never experienced the wonders of Pandora, I suggest you take your behind right on over to pandora.com and try it out. You will love it.
Just in case you were wondering, these are just some of the songs that I love that are played on the Ingrid Michaelson station. Out of the eight songs that I listened to today on Pandora, these were the seven that I clicked the "Like" button on. The only reason that I didn't "Like" the eighth song was because it was just music without words, and I was being lazy. It was a good song, though.
What Sarah Said---Death Cab for Cutie
Bulletproof Weeks---Matt Nathanson
New Soul---Yael Naim
We Are Okay---Joshua Radin
It Stops Today---Colbie Caillat
If It Kills Me---Jason Mraz
Lifesize---A Fine Frenzy
Keep Breathing---Ingrid Michaelson (Live and Un-Live)
On a different note (haha...note....music.....note....), I really like listening to Ingrid Michaelson and other artists like her because they are not loud and annoying. They don't rap, and they are not fake. You see, I listened to the live version of Keep Breathing by Ingrid today, and it sounded the same as the one that was not live. I mean, have you ever heard somebody's live version of a song and just been ultimately disappointed? And you thought, "Ah...I thought you actually had talent." BUT THEY DIDN'T.
Ingrid's voice wasn't computer-generated or altered at all for the non-live version of her song. It was her true voice! Granted, her voice is very different from the typical modern-day artist. She sings a different style than most of the modern-day artists. But I like it. And it's good.
On another different note, I also listened to a song on Pandora the other day that was by The Weepies. I really liked the song, and was surprised, because I don't usually like the sound of The Weepies that much. But this song had really good words and I truly loved the meaning. It's called Keep It There. LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN and ENJOY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pandora!!! It has led me to SO MANY new music discoveries! What would I do without it?? And I am gonna look up all the songs you suggested now :D
ReplyDeleteBut, Macey, I love The Weepies...
ReplyDeleteAlso, I know what you mean. About the voices sounding different. It's disappointing. Sarah said(like the song!...not actually...) that people like Ingrid Michaelson are called singer/songwriters. I genre of which I had not heard. Anywho, in my opinion, they are they best kind.
And Blind Pilot.
Yes, they are the best.
ReplyDeleteAnd of course Blind Pilot.
Yes, I love the singer/songwriter genre, cuz it's usually just pure voices and talent! :D
ReplyDeleteAgreed.
ReplyDelete