There are few things that set me free--that put me in a state of ultimate happiness.
1. Hanging out with my family.
Anytime that I can spend with my family, you know, siblings and cousins and all, is fun time. Naturally, as Richardsons, we are all incredibly weird. Thus, we can always have fun being weird together. We have at least fourteen million inside jokes. Talking, laughing, and bringing the party to stake dances (see "From Lame to Awesome" ) are our favorite hobbies. I love my family soo much.
2. Listening to music.
You know those songs that are so chill that they seem to penetrate your skin and soothe your very heart and soul?
You know those songs that are so fantastically fun or loud that you can't help dancing crazily around your room?
These are the songs that set me free.
When I'm just in my room, alone, I often sit atop my reading nook (a large, shelf-looking thing built on the wall opposite from the window wall at the front of my house) and turn on some calming Regina Spektor, Damien Rice, John Schmidt, Ingrid Michaelson, or any number of other artists. I just listen and dream.
Likewise, One Republic, Miley Cyrus (yeah...uh...yeah...), and Train lift me up and move me to just let my worries melt into puddles on the carpet in my room as I dance. Yes. Dance.
3. Camping.
When I camp, I can ultimately detach myself from the world. Out in the woods, beneath the bright stars, around a campfire, I can simply ponder earth, the heavens, and all their wonders. It is one of my absolute favorite things to do. (see "Camping")
Yesterday, I was reminded of camping when my dad took me for a ride on his dirtbike (Craigslist-bought, mind you). It was a wonderful feeling of flying. I loved the cold wind that slapped me in the face, the gears shifting below me, the tires treading, speeding up....it was marvelous.
It made me feel like I didn't have a defibrillator.
And that is what it feels like to be set free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's it. I'm kidnapping you and leaving you in the middle of a forest. With only a motorcycle, iPod and lots of paper and pencils. Because, you wouldn't feel free without being able to write stuff. I think..ya, i'm pretty sure. Oh, and ill throw a Book of Mormon in there, just so you can read about Nephi living in the wilderness for 40 years to make you feel better about it :D
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA. Kami, I love you. Sincerely. Truly. With all of my heart.
ReplyDeleteWhy don't we make it a partay in the forest and YOU can come with me?
:D well i love you SO sincerely. VERY truly. And with 2 of my hearts. baha don't worry, i've got 3. (you like how i stole your words then surpassed them..just a little bit? haha..sorry.)
ReplyDeleteYES! i thought you would never ask. Except i'm bringing MORE paper and pencils. for drawing purposes. yup. lets set a date! i'm thinking the 29th of February ;) I also just realized i don't know how to spell February. wow.
Hahaha. Speaking of you, Gavin just said, "Her REAL name is Kamilicious."
ReplyDeletebahaha i'm glad to know i'm known around your house as that...i think..
ReplyDelete