Monday, November 16, 2009

Fall? No, actually, Christmas.

HEY GUYS! Guess what?
I think it's fall.
Maybe.
I'm still not entirely sure, but hey, I wore a jacket today! I think Mesa is progressing!

So, can I just say something?
I absolutely LOVE this season that is coming (or not). I mean, come, on, who DOESN'T??? The weather gets cooler, and everything just....settles. If that even makes sense.
Thanksgiving comes, and you get to be with family and eat awesomely fantastic food that isn't normally present in your everyday diet. (Why isn't it??)

And now, I'm going to say something else.
I absolutely LOVE the season that comes after this one. Winter. Hiver.
The air is even cooler (well, in Mesa, it doesn't change so much from fall), and you get to wear sweaters and jackets and layer all types of nonsensical clothing.
It's great.

My very favoritist part of winter, ALWAYS and FOREVER, is Christmas.
It's another holiday where family is always involved, and, especially in my family, there are three or four big parties held at various places. I love my family.
And the music! Oh, gosh, the music. Break out Josh Groban's Noel. And cuddle up on the couch, by the fire, with a blanket, and watch all of those 60's and 70's puppet shows on abc family. (Rudolph, The Year Without a Santa Claus, etc.)

But, of course, the most important part of Christmas is who it was named for.

Christ.

I saw the most revolting poll question on Facebook the other day: "Should Christ be kept in Christmas?"
I got super mad, and put this comment beneath it: "No, of COURSE not, considering that's what CHRISTmas is all about!!! What are these people, stupid?? I can't believe this is even a question!!!"

Because what kind of world is it that thinks that we should take Christ out of His birth?
I know, right? Disgusting.

Let us not take Christ out of Christmas. These days, everything about Christmas is commercialized. It's all about the presents, right?

WRONG.

Keep Christ in your Christmas. He is what it's all about.

2 comments:

  1. Who would even think about taking Christ out of Christmas?!?!?! STUPID PEOPLE! it's the same thing as when people don't want to write out Christmas so they write X-mas. I mean it just takes Christ out of Chirstmas and like you said, "We should keep Christ in our Christmas. He is what it's all about."

    Anyway, luv ya and luv your new photography blog! Keep posting pics! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I totally agree with every word you said. And that whole X-mas deal??? I think it is so disrespectful. You are too lazy to write 4 letter??? and you're replacing Christ's name with an X??? Ya, people are stupid... But totally I actually was listetning to Noel the other day!!! Love Josh Groban :D Anyways, love you much :D

    ReplyDelete