Friday, August 13, 2010

Throwing the Worry Away

OH, Bloggy, thou hast been neglected...

AGAIN.

Lots of things happened. Stress test went awesomely possumly. I had the best mini-orientation in the history of mini-orientations. And I began high school.

*overexaggerated sigh* Oh, high school. I really love it. And, thanks to Sarah for loving it when I didn't, so that I ended up loving it. I THANKS YOU VERY MUCH.

Because high school IS awesome. See, I was worried about it because I didn't want the worry, right? WRONG. I was worried that I wouldn't worry enough about my homework. And then it made me worry that I was a little insane because I was worried about being worried. But in all truthiness, I depend upon worry...or at least I used to. It used to be so automatic---just there, every night that I did homework. And there, when a project was due next week. And there when I had an essay to write.

But see here, children, worry is not the way to go. It's controlling, encompassing, and impaling, as well as not the most admirable form of motivation. Sure it makes you do the things that you need to, but it leaves you drained and scrunchy-eyebrowed afterward. So I've decided to rid of all of my worry.

About homework, that is.

Because why waste my sophomore year on worry? I have way too many cool people in my English class, and too cool of a teacher in seminary, and I'm loving choir WAY too much to give it up for worrying! WOOT! Plus French. French is lovely.

P.S., sorry for calling you all "child" today. I know fully well that I'm younger than all of you...

4 comments:

  1. I call people older than me "child" all the time. It didn't really bother me when you said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok good. It seemed to bother Sarah. And Kami. Not bother, they just protested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it's your favorite cousin Kinsey! :) Hahaha. Anyways, I was reading this lovely blog entry (I really like it by the way. It's so true!) and I was like "She's in choir?!" That's so awesome! You will love it!
    Oh, and welcome to the club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D Thanks, Kins! You were always my favorite.... :) :)

    Yeah, I loove choir already! It's probably my favorite class. Woot!

    ReplyDelete